As far as possible we use local produce in the shop. There are some things that can’t be found, but we remain on the lookout for local alternatives.
Working with a great company called Love for Local, we also stock a selection of lovely gift and treat products for you to buy. All the products are made in East and West Sussex, and a few from Surrey and Kent. Here are links to just a few of the producers:
- Coffee Real directly source and select the best and most unique single estate Arabica coffee beans in the world and then hand roast them. Their coffee is fairly and ethically traded through their own Real Trade – based on fact, first hand observation and experience.
- Deerview Fine Foods has been trading for over 20 years and was created in a home kitchen in the heart of Sussex with quality jams, chutneys and marmalades being sold at local markets.
- Sussex Gold. The Ford family started producing Sussex Gold Extra Virgin Rapeseed oil in July 2007, carrying out the entire process of growing, cold pressing and bottling the oils on the farm.
- Cocoa Loco are a small artisan team producing a range of organic and fairtrade chocolate and baked products. Customer feedback like ‘the closest you can get to heaven on earth’ and sound environmental principles have led to them winning a number of local and national awards.
- Kent & Fraser are an award winning company. They have created an outstanding range of great tasting handmade and 100% gluten free biscuits, cookies and shortbread.
- Paynes is a fully working commercial beekeeping company established in 1922 by Mr Fred Payne. Still family run, Paynes supply honey from their own hives, along the South Downs in Sussex, and a range of honeys from around the world.
- Ringden Farm Apple Juice was set up by Chris and Lesley Dench in 1990 using fruit from their orchards which have been cultivated there since 1949. They now produce a range of over 20 award winning single variety apple juices.
- Folkingtons ensure their fruit juice drinks are made from particular varieties of fruit that they have carefully selected. The juices are made from 100% pure juice and are free from preservatives, unnecessary additives or sweeteners.
- Besmoke is a traditional smokehouse situated close to Arundel in West Sussex. They specialise in cold smoking garlic and a variety of spices over sustainably sourced oak.
- More Food is a family run bakery specialising in premium quality handmade cakes and deliciously indulgent treats, made by hand in their bakery in the Sussex Downs.